Your shopping cart is empty!
At Mainstay Auto Parts, we try hard to get you the right part, every time. But if you need to return a product for any reason, we want to make that as fast and easy as possible. Here are the policies related to returns that may help you understand and navigate the process.
You may return any core or wrong part(s) to our designated locations within 30 business days from your date of order. No returns will be accepted if the 30 business days have elapsed. The product to be returned and received by us must be in undamaged and salable condition. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs unless prior arrangements are made.
Defective returns are those items that have failed in service due to defects in manufacture or workmanship and are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Some manufacturers require the customer to contact them before an RMA can be issued. Credit issued for tires, batteries or other wear items will be pro-rated based on usage and the manufacturer’s guidelines. Defective items are subject to inspection by the manufacturer’s representative before credit can be issued. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs for defective product.
Special ordered product
Wheels and Tires that have been mounted
Product was installed
If your return is to be picked up by our partnered shipping agency, please make a copy of the RMA for the driver to sign and keep it for your records. This copy, if signed and filled out by the driver, is your proof of return. All returned product is assumed to be in new and salable condition unless the customer indicates otherwise at the time the RMA is requested. Re-boxing charges will be assessed for items received with damaged packaging and may include charges to ship back to the manufacturer if necessary.Product that is returned damaged, used, missing components or otherwise unsalable may be returned to the customer or credit given at lesser value at the discretion of Mainstay Auto Parts.
When a vehicle is repaired, the old or failed part that was replaced is called a core. These cores are then remanufactured (recycled) by companies to original equipment specifications. Remanufacturing is the process of taking used parts, completely disassembling and thoroughly cleaning them,replacing the faulty and/or worn components with original quality components, and restoring them to their original function.The testing and procedures are the same as the original equipment manufacturers. Getting the core deposit back is easy just follow the return procedure oulined below.
1. Please Click Here to contact our Customer Service or submit online form by clicking Product Returns
2. Our Customer Service Specialists will provide you with an RMA#, and email you detailed return instructions.
3. Clearly write and/or affix the RMA# on the package and return to the address specified in the email. If it is a core return then you will need to include the Core Return Form.
4. Unless the return is due to manufacturer defect or Mainstay Auto Parts error, the customer is responsible for return shipping costs.
5. The original method of payment used to place the order will be credited the purchase price, excluding return shipping costs. Mainstay Auto Parts will send a confirmation email once the refund has been issued. Please allow 5-7 business days for your bank to process the credit.